Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sarah's Birthday

Sarah turned 18 on August 12th so she's legally an adult! I was going to give her a cell phone and pay for her monthly cell phone service, but she wanted to pay her own way with a cell phone. So, I added her to my family plan where the incremental fee is only $10 and she plans on giving me that once a month. But that left me without a birthday gift for her, so I came up with an idea, went online, and ordered something for her.


It's a photo of the Golden Gate Bridge in the fog. I had it matted and framed and sent to her and I helped her hang it on her wall last night. It looks really good.

It has significance because this summer Sarah took a trip to San Francisco to visit her aunts. While she was there, Sarah walked the Embarcadero and over to the Golden Gate Bridge and then all the way across it and back. I wanted to give her a visual reminder of her own inner-strength and determination. It seemed to go over well and she says she really likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment